Optimization study with annual glare analysis

Hello everyone.

I want to minimize the DGP value to prevent visual discomfort while maximizing the UDI for my assignment. I set up an optimization process for this, but I cannot make an annual glare analysis. I looked at various documents and files but for my level, I could not understand very clearly.

It seems possible to calculate DGP annually, but I couldn’t figure out how I should do it. I tried to do it over the yearly results, but unfortunately, as you can see in the file, I could not edit it. Is there anyone who can help or do you know any sample videos? model.gh (619.7 KB)

According to the comments I read, instead of annual analysis, pointed in time analysis results are more accurate. What is the reason for this?

Finally, do you think annual glare analysis is suitable for optimization? Or does it take a lot of time?

Sorry, it’s a bit of a long set of questions, but I’m having trouble trying to learn it by myself.

Happy new years to all :slight_smile:

The Annual DGP can be calculated using the Annual Daylight analysis recipe and useing the DSP parameter for specifying the view you want to do the glare analysis.
You have to use the Honeybee_Lookup Daylighting Folder for getting the data for the Annual DGP.
It does take time, depending on the complexity of your model. Use recommended radiance parameter settings for faster outputs.

Answering next question, since PIT glare analysis uses Radiance and Annual uses Daysim, there is bit difference in the values. But some studies have shown that there less than 5% error in both the values, so I think using Annual analysis wont be an issue.

More details are here

However, I was trying to get the annual DGP profiles by using Honeybee_Daysim annual profiles but was unable to get them.

Can anyone suggest what could be done for getting the Profiles???