Overlap a range of shadows for a period of the day

Hello!
I’m trying to create an analysis that shows the shadow range along a period of the day.
I woud like to see all the shadows overlapped in one image, with the corresponding hour, like the image below:

I’ve used the sunlight hour analysis component to create the shadows for a period of the day (9am to 5pm). With dispatch component and a slider, I’ve manager to isolate the shadows, though I can only select one shadow at a time.

The image below, shows a shadow for the 21st of December at 9am, I would like to see all the shadows for this day from 9am to 5pm, as the image above, but I’m not sure how to do this. Can anyone give me a hint?
Thanks!

Overlap daily shadows.gh (501.4 KB)

You can just use analysis period component and put more hours instead of single hour. Then set sparse timestep (i.e. 1) so the shadows do not blend with each other so much, and small grid for nice quality

shadowoverlap.gh (502.6 KB)

Hello @ae!

Thanks for your reply,
But how can I select each shaddow and assign a text which shows the time of day that shadow is formed? Like the image below?

I was trying to create the shadows separately so I could assign this text, to each shadow

The sunlight hours mesh output, from the sunlight hour analysis component creates only one mesh with all the shadows on it, because of that I’m not beeing able to indicate the hour of the day.

Do you have any tips on this?
Thank you!

You can also iterate with fx. colibri iterator:

and then record data:

then you have all the shadows separately

shadowoverlap.gh (509.3 KB)

Hi @ae
Thanks again!

With colibri I can create them separately, but I can’t overlap all the shadows in one single image.
I wish I could overlap the shadows, and add a text with the hour corresponding to that shadow.
Like the first image of this topic.

To do so I’ve tried on your file to separate the blue shadow from the rest os the mesh (yellow), I tried to use the dispatch component,like the image below, but it did not work, it doesn’t generate a separate mesh

Do you think there’s any other way?

shadowoverlap.gh (514.7 KB)