Zone 1-20 42.47 42.74
Zone 24A-32C 59.18 59.07
Zone 34B-36 21.78 21.78
Zone 40C-46 137.06 121.86
Zone 52C-62B 19.95 20.65
Zone 63-69 5.51 5.51
Ideal Total Peak 285.95 271.61
Actual Total Peak 283.22 267.79

i have found that the simulated peak cololing load for dragonfly all air hvac template is lower than the ideal air one. would any one explain this problem?

also, would everyone mind to explain me what is the main differences between all air and ideal template? since i am quite not understand their denfinition mentioned in its documnet website

Sorry for the late response, @yinlong . I’m not sure exactly what I am looking at in your chart there or where the results came from but I can at least answer this question:

An ideal air system is not a “real” HVAC system but it’s basically a way for you to tell EnergyPlus that you only care about the thermal energy that is directly removed from the Room (in the case of cooling) or added directly to the Room (in the case of heating). On the other hand, the All-Air systems are fully, detailed HVAC systems, complete with pipes, ducts, fans, pumps, chillers and boilers/ASHP all being modeled as part of the EnergyPlus simulation. Granted, the peak cooling calculation is something that is run at the very start of the simulation before any of this equipment is actually modeled. So the peak cooling really should not be affected by your choice of HVAC system. Perhaps there is something else that’s changing between your two simulations?