Photovoltaics sample issues

Hi @chris,
Glad and exited about the implementation of PV in the LBT. Thanks for that!!
Saying so, I can’t make it work.
I’m getting the following error in the Photovoltaic component:

Runtime error (ImportException):
Failed to import honeybee_energy:
cannot import generator from honeybee_energy

Traceback:
line 123, in script

I updated with the Versioner a couple of times and restarted Rhino, just in case you are asking … :slight_smile:
Not related, but in the same file, i see in the SHW component in the _condition_ input that is supposed to be a number for the ambient temperature, is connected to an hb_obj (room). When i connect a number instead of a room i get an error. I believe there is a bug in this one.

Thanks again!!
-A.

1 Like

Hey @AbrahamYezioro ,

Thank you for testing. It seems there was a hiccup in our CI that prevented all of the PV dependencies from releasing correctly. I think that I just fixed it:

Try running the Versioner now and let me know if that fixes it.

1 Like

Hi @chris,
This was it! Works just fine now.
Thanks,
-A.

p.s. The issue with the SHW component in the _condition_ input is still there.

Glad that it’s working on your end, @AbrahamYezioro . Did you read the error message on the SHW component and is it the same as what I have here?

If so, just change the _system_type to be anything other than a heat pump and then you won’t need to use a Room in order to specify the _condition_. For example, an electric water heater is fine with a number in degrees C for the condition:

Hi @chris,
This was it exactly.
Thanks again,
-A.

Hi @chris . For some reason the photovoltaic sample file is failing to run in Rhino 8 while it works fine in Rhino 7. I have run versioner couple of times.

Hey @Asisnath ,

I do all of my initial testing in Rhino 8 these days so my initial reaction is that the difference between Rhino 7 and 8 is not to blame. You can see that it’s running fine in Rhino 8 on my end:

Are you sure that the units system of your Rhino 7 and Rhino 8 are both set to Meters?

1 Like

Aah… your are correct. Units were the issue. Thanks its working fine on Rhino 8. :grinning:

1 Like