Pick Sensor for Annual DL Analysis in Multiple Zones

Hello all

I would like to pick my sensor in a floor plan, which is composed of multiple zones. I used “Item list” and picked a number and connected that item to my test points in Annual DL Simulation.

I totally understand this process when I had one zone, but now that i am working on multiple zones, I think that I don’t have control to pick the middle point in each space. The points change when I change my “Item” number, but I cannot pick a specific one for each space.

Please see the attached graphs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ladan

2-SecondEnergySim.gh (672 KB)

Hi Ladan,

Your geometry is not internalized in the attached file.

-Devang

My bad! I have attached the file with internalized zones to my last comment about air walls. Since I am not at work to attach the file here, would you please look at that comment and open the attached file? I really appreciate that.

Ladan

Ladan,

Why do you need to pick a sensor point in a floor plan? if I may ask. I tried running daylight simulation in your file. Works fine.

-Devang

Here’s the file and simulation result.

Since the URL for weather file was not there in the file, I used weather file for some location in CA. You’ll just need to change that.

-Devang

CCC_Honeybee_Gridbased_22_11_16.gh (590 KB)

Hello and thanks for your response. I need to set one single node for my sensor, because in reality, I will have one sensor per room rather than a grid-based arrangement of sensors. And I only need to collect annual data for that single node in my rooms.

I could create annual DL analysis successfully before. I want to be able to pick nodes for my sensors in each room. If you could help me with that, I would be more than thankful.

Ladan

Ladan,

Here is an example for the whole process with four zones which I hope answer all of your questions that you have posted recently. I didn’t run the analysis but you should be able to run it after adding the weather file and a couple of other components.

Back to your question about picking the points you can either flatten all the points and then pick them using item selector or just pick them by grafting the numbers to match each branch. Try Point List component in Grasshopper to see the item number for each point.

In the attached example I used a logic to find the closest point to the center of the room.

Mostapha

integrated daylight and energy.gh (542 KB)

Thank you Mostapha jan, I will try that tomorrow in the office and let you know if I had any problems. I really appreciate your help. Ladan

Hi,

I modified a bit Mostapha’s example:

1. One of the zones was “open”. This was becouse a number of windows were duplicated for the same zone. I deleted those windows and now all are closed (see white circled group for this).

2. Was thinking why not to simulate just one point instead of simulating the whole grid and then choosing one of them for the following steps. So i did it getting the center point of each zone. See bottom group.

Hope this helps a bit.

-A.

integrateddaylightandenergy_AY.gh (562 KB)

Mostapha

For selecting the center point, can we just use “Area” and use “C Centeroid” and change the height of that point?

Thanks

ladan

Ladan,

I suggest you check the file i uploaded a few days ago …

-A.