Point it time view based vs check scene

Dear all,

I am running a view-based analysis for a glare study, for this I am using Honeybee Radiance components. However, I find the differences between these two components PIT and Check scene quite confusing. From what I have understood, check scene does not process the dynamic aperture and shade effects. Therefore why use this tool instead of PIT?
The results in my case are considerably different when inputs are the same.
The image to the left is carried out with PIT component and the right with Check scene. The glazing does not seem transparent anymore in the Check scene image.

Thanks

Hi @Julioamodia89
Almost all colors and brighness in lighting analysis (daylight and artificial light) has a legend!
The difference between two image is clear but it’s not necessarily means the results are different. You should check are the brightness legends have the same bounds and value?
The view of the windows have different brightness and it seems the legends are different :thinking:
It is just my guessing, let me know the result

Hi @hossein_nazari,
Thanks for your feedback. These are just views generated by two different HB components PIT (left) and Check scene (right). There is no legend here. I was just wondering why the check scene generates the glazing as translucent, and the PIT is more realistic/ transparent. Both have the same inputs.
Thanks

@Julioamodia89 I looked over the parts you previously mentioned. You are aware that one of the most heavy processes in our context is the simulation of radiance, not always is our model simple, and the simulation is fast, One of the things we can do before the final result/optimization (which may take a few days) is reduce the radiance parameters and see a fast and rough result. So, as in the document mentioned, the check scene is just for a quick check of the results and materials.
this is the difference simulation time for one scene

and these are the result

So if you are working in the early stages, you can use CheckScence, but if you need a reliable result for a parametric study which its alternatives are too close in result. use PIT component

1 Like

I see. Thank you @hossein_nazari!

1 Like