Problem installing new Ladybug Tools

Hello,

First off a huge thank you for all of the hard work and the dedication put into LBT, I love these tools and although i use windows at work, I’m a mac person myself and really excited for the cross platform compatibility!

At my office we have Remote Work Stations (RWS) setup for running analysis so we don’t lock up our own computers. With that said, the new install worked fine on my laptop, but not on the RWS. I’m curious if this is on our end or an issue with the installer?

My inclination is that our RWS setup is restricted in a way that is not allowing the install to run correctly, but would appreciate any ideas. I’m also curious if using the stand-alone installer would solve this issue. Because the RWSs are not dedicated but instead first come first serve, I sometimes have to reinstall rhino and ladybug tools etc depending on the machine i get… Having the installer may save me a lot of time in the future.

I included some screen shots for reference, and again thank you all so much for your hard work!

It seems your IT is blocking your computer from downloading the ladybug tools packages from the Python Package Index server (pip). You will need to contact your IT department to unblock it.

The stand-alone installer packs everything together and works for the offline, you won’t have this issue with the stand-alone installer.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Mingbo! I tried again today and it worked perfectly on multiple RWS’s.

Again, really appreciate all the teams hard work!