Problem with adjacent rooms in Honeybee

Hi, guys. I looking for some help with this “adjacent rooms” problem. I have a building with 2 rooms and I’m trying to study walls temperatures but for some reason, I have sun in my interior wall. I saw Chris Mackey’s videos on Youtube and he put a “Masses2Zones” and worked for me, but the Masses2Zones only works with Breps and I can’t set materials to then. How can I create 2 adjacent rooms setting materials without the direct sun in my interior wall but showing his temperature?

Hi @Lucas

After you convert Breps to HB Zones through the “Masses2Zones” component, you need to use the component named “Honeybee_solveAdjacencies” which is available in the “00|Honeybee” section of the HB tab. You can check the surface type after solving the adjacency by using the components “DecomposeByType” and “custom preview”.

To add constructions for existing zones use “Honeybee_setEPZoneConstruction” component available in “08|Energy…” section.

Hi @Naga

I’m using Honeybee_Solve Adjacencies. I told you, if I use the Masses2Zones it works, but why the method of surface by surface not?

@Lucas

I usually generate a single zone from the list of surfaces. Then I use the adjacency component to capture internal walls.