Problem with run energyplus in honeybee

Hello,
I tried to model an entire building with honeybee, but when I set “run” in the energyplus simulation component, the terminal window opens, but the simulation is not completed. If I open the file with idf-editor everything is correct and the simulation comes to an end. I use windows 10 and I have everything set up as administrator … If I use the same file on another pc with Windows 8 everything works. Can someone help me?
Thanks a lot!

Testing_Glazing.gh (562.5 KB)
testing_glazing.idf (503.8 KB)

@MassimilianoBusnelli ,

If you are able to run it successfully on another machine, the issue might have to do with where the simulation files are being written. In particular, if they are being written to a file directory that has your username in it and you username has a special character or a while space, this can cause E+ to raise errors. Does manually setting the workingDir on the component fix the issue?

If that does not fix it, can you send a snapshot of what the simulation directory looks like after you try to run the .idf from the component? If there’s a .err file there, that would be good to upload to the forum here.

Also, I can confirm that the issue does not have to do with the version of windows (most of the people on the forum are using Windows 10 and I think we have someone on the forum who was able to run stuff going all of the way back to Windows XP). Also, admin privileges should not affect your ability to get the results.

Thanks @chris for the answer. I tried using Workingdir, but it does not work.
This is the screenshot requested:

but I do not understand how I can solve the problem. I would like to use Galapagos for optimizations
Thanks!

Hello,@ MassimilianoBusnelli
I have the same problem running Energyplus. Have you solved this problem?

Hi @icy, I solved, set the admin permission to all .exe and .bat files energyplus uses to start the simulation

Hi @icy and @MassimilianoBusnelli, have you determined what causes this? I am experiencing the same issue, even with very simple single-zone test models. When I try running EnergyPlus through Honeybee, the command window appears for a brief second then disappears, and the only files that are saved in the directory are the .bat and .ddy files. However, the idf files run just fine for a whole simulation when opened in EP-Launch.

I tried adjusting permissions on the .bat file to no avail. Also, I used to be able to run EnergyPlus simulations from Honeybee just fine, so it’s strange that the problem is suddenly occurring now.

FYI all: The issue was resolved when I uninstalled and re-installed OpenStudio.