Problem with setting up inputs for a translucent roller blind

Hi experts and users,

I´m trying to test the effectiveness of a roller blind product in terms of glare control. And I got the following technical data from the manufacturer, however, when I tried to interpret those numbers and get the modifier right to accurately describe the material was quite confusing.

So, I am writing this post to see if there is anyone can check if I set it up correctly.

Any insights and help would be appreciated :blush:

Thanks in advance,
/Bernard

2 Likes

Hi @zengwoo1028,

Did you ever manage to get confirmation of this?

Out of interest, are you able to share which manufacturer provided the data, and if you have a source for applying the coefficient of diffusion as you’ve show in your screenshot?

Thanks,
Charlie

Hi @charlie.brooker,

Unfortunately, it has not been confirmed. But according to the results, it seems pretty reasonable. :grinning:

The manufacture of the blind fabric is called Vertisol, and the link below is one of their line-ups. Equal 3 Window Covering - Vertisol, manufacturer shade fabric

And the reference for applying those inputs are according to the Radiance Cookbook P21. And here is the like for that as well. https://www.jaloxa.eu/resources/radiance/documentation/docs/radiance_cookbook.pdf

Cheers,
Bernard

1 Like