Pyschrometric Chart - ETA

First off i love the new format of the Psychrometric Chart, so fast and seemless.

The next part of my question is when will the Humidification and De-Dehumidification parts the components be completed.

My thanks

@cflynn29 ,

Thank you! Glad you like it.

I was kinda thinking that I wouldn’t implement “Humidification Only” and “Dehumidification Only” polygons in the LBT plugin, mostly because they aren’t strategies that can be implemented in the real world. Instead, I was thinking of prioritizing a “Desiccant Dehumidification” polygon, which is definitely a real-world strategy and was not really implemented correctly in Legacy.

Let me know if you agree that desiccant dehumidification is a higher priority.

I’m also open to implementing “Humidification Only” and “Dehumidification Only” polygons if you make a good case about how you want to use them. If you make a case for them, one thing I would want to know is if I should implement them in a way that is true to their name. That is, drawing straight vertical lines from the corners of the comfort polygon to the top/bottom of the charts (so you’re just travelling a vertical (de)humidification line to get to the comfort polygon). Or should they be implemented exactly as they are in Legacy where they were not straight vertical lines but were instead bounded on the left and right by the PMV comfort polygon. Honestly, I don’t know what the meaning of using the PMV comfort polygon edges are and I only implemented it that way because I saw that’s how Climate Consultant does it.

Hi Chris,

The Desiccant Dehumidification would definitely be a higher priority.

And you hit the nail on the head about that how Climate Consultant does, that’s where my question comes from.

People see those Humidification and Dehumidification polygons missing and they say well Climate Consultant has those why doesn’t this. But honestly implementing them as they are within the legacy versions is something I am fine with.

I hope that helps to clarify my initial inquiry.

appreciate everything you and the Ladybug Tools team does.

1 Like