Question regarding sizing a radiator (or underfloor heating)

Dear all,

I am trying to figure out the size in Watt for new radiators and underfloor heating for an existing building. I have two questions about this:

1. I assume that I can take the maximum value of the Read Zone Sizing component. Is this a correct assumption or am I overlooking things?
  2. To check the value from the Read Zone Sizing component I took the heating data from the Read Room Energy Result component and selected the values for the 21st of January. Somehow this does not match the values from the Read Zone Sizing component (see image). What do I not see or understand here?

For the purpose of understanding I simplified my 15 rooms model to 2. I hope someone can help me out.
peak heat load question.gh (53.7 KB)

Hi @david25 ,

Annual energy simulations are different and completely separate from design day peak load simulations. So, even though EnergyPlus performs both of these calculations, you should not expect the results of these two simulation types to be the same.

You should probably watch this video tutorial series here, which will walk through the fundamentals of these two simulation types:

Then, you can watch this video and the following one:

… which will explain what the results of the energy simulation mean when you have detailed HVAC systems.

Thank you @chris, i’ll have another look at it!