Radiance 5.3 falsecolor legend Working Hack

quick hack to get the false color component from Honeybee Legacy working with radiance 5.3

Everything works almost the same, just a couple of changes on the batch file command.
Before that, to get around compatibility checks in the Honeybee+ component go ahead and change line 137 from:
if not os.path.isfile(hb_RADPath + “\falsecolor2.exe”):
to:
if not os.path.isfile(hb_RADPath + “\falsecolor.exe”):

line 162 change into : “SET PATH=%PATH%;” + hb_RADPath + “\n”

between lines 163 and 174, when defining “batchStr_body”, just change every call to “falsecolor2” into “falsecolor”

get rid of legend position flag , line 175 to 177 ish. I think -lp may be gone in the new falsecolor.exe.

around line 185, have batchStr as follows (get rid of the “z” flag):
batchStr = batchStr_head + batchStr_body + " > " + outputFile + “\nexit”

Enjoy!

EDIT:

auto scaling is not working for me. it is supossed to have changed from -s auto to -s a but it doesn’t work in my computer. I’m having to play around with legendMax values otherwise I get a monochrome output with scale 0 -1.

Colors are different now and to use alternate schemes “-spec” becomes “’-pal” + spec or eco or hot

Thank you for your hack Mauricio, but the LB viewer cannot find the GIF file that already exists, Any solution?
Thanks in advance

Hi Patricia,

I don’t know specifically what is happening with the LB viewer.
Is the hacked false color component producing a valid image that you can open through file explorer?

If you attach your script I can have a look and test it on my computer.

Hi Mauricio, I just had an old falsecolor.exe from 2013! I´m simulating before HB-LB exists. Now it works. Thank you for your soon response!
Patricia

Good to know it’s working now. Glad to be of help.
best wishes,
M

Hi Patricia,

Could you please share the exe file? I have the same issue.

Hi Ranjitha,
Cannot upload it, it exceeds the allowed maximum

Honeybee_FalseColor.ghuser (7.4 KB)
try this

Thanks Patricia, I still have the issue. I have the Radiance version 5.4a installed.
I am getting the following error:

1. Cannot find falsecolor2.exe at c:\radiance\bin\Make sure that falsecolor2 is installed on your system.
    I will try Mauricio’s batch file command chages.

The LBT 1.3 version have updated false color which works with Radiance 5.4a. I recommend using LBT version rather than legacy version.

you can google me and send me an email
best,
Patricia Camporeale

Hey, this worked. Thank you so much!