Radiance blocked

my company just implemented more strict IT/cybersecurity regulations and now Radiance is blocked I believe. I get the following error within my script:

1. Solution exception:A Radiance installation was found at C:\Users\XXXXX\ladybug_tools\radiance\bin
    but the Radiance executables are not accessible.
    This program is blocked by group policy. For more information, contact your system administrator.

I can request to have specific EXE files UNBLOCKED, however Radiance looks to be 129 EXE files in the .BIN folder! is there (1) main EXE that then opens the other EXE files in sub-routines, or are all EXE files individually called upon by the Honeybee scripts??

Hi @josh.greenfield,

If you use the latest installer that comes with the Pollination everything including Radiance will be installed on the Program Files folder. That should resolve this issue.

1 Like

thanks @mostapha…that makes sense for v1.x Ladybug Tools…how about Legacy components which has Radiance v5.3/Daysim v4/openstudio v2.x all installed in the root C: folder…can those be installed in Program Files as well? [Daysim has been blocked as well]

At this point, we will not be making any major changes to the legacy plugins. Sorry! This might be a good reason for you to start the transition to the LBT plugins though.

totally understand…thanks for your insight!

1 Like