Radiation Analysis computing for hours with no result

Hi!

I’m trying to run a radiation analysis on a complex NURBS surface and can not finish it, because it seems to take more than 9 hours. The analysis has already worked on a slightly simpler surface with not as deep crevices. I want to compare the impact of the depth of a surface displacement with similar lines so the density is quite crucial and I need to use the mesh face vectors for the analysis.
I have tried smaller depths and meshing the geometry before running it. I am using cm as model units and a tolerance of 0.001 but I also have tried 0.001. The grid size is 0.01 and the distance is 0.001.
I am not sure if the analysis will ever come to an end and I really need to decrease the computing time because I have to do 10 analyzes in one week.
Is this NURBS surface simply too complex or are my parameters wrong?
My CPU is nearly all the time below 1% and RAM usage for Rhino is with 30000- 50000 MB at 80-99%.

here are the files: https://we.tl/t-rPL6V5TnDI

Thanks For your help!!

Pia

Hi!
Unfortunately, I cannot open the model since it was created in Rhino7 and I have Rhino6. I would, however, suggest you change the model unit to meter. That should fix your problem. I would also make the grid size bigger, 0.01 is unnecessarily too small for the great majority of uses. Try to go for 0.1 if you still want to be really accurate, of even more (0.2 or 0.5 if possible). Also, switch the grid distance to 0.01 or 0.1, these are already enough.

Hope it helps
Best,
Matteo

Hi!

Thanks for the reply! I will try to change the model units but I need to keep the high resolution because the geometry consists of a really dense mesh with a lot of details. It’s not a house, but a facade panel.
As these holes of the displacement are quite deep I am still not sure if ladybug can handle this.
Thank you!

Best,
Pia