Rainfall Data Component

Hi every one.
I got this error when I tried run component.
Could you help me plz?

RainfallComponent.gh (464.3 KB)

I think that is a problem with the connection between the page where the data is extracted and the component. But I don’t know how to repair it either. @devang Is it going to be repaired?

1 Like

Same here, the link between the data set online and GH is broken, I will investigate

Runtime error (WebException): The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

Traceback:
line 91, in main, “”
line 156, in script
We will have to find another way

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

I know this was a long time ago when a solution was found, I am fairly new to Rhino and am struggling with pulling the monthly rainwater data from the EPW as shown in your solution. Has there been an updated solution found yet, or even if you could point me in the right direction to how to resolve this?

I am receiving this message - 1. Solution exception:An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

Please let me know if the solution still works, as I potentially have done something wrong on my end?

1 Like

Is there an updated tutorial somewhere for how to download this as a component into grasshopper for use? I am new to grasshopper and have no idea how to edit the python script or anything…

I have just updated the Python component and attached a GH file with LB 1.6.0 components. Main change:

update line 53 with:

“url = ‘https://tds.gisclimatechange.ucar.edu/ar5/?requestType=plotData&latitude=‘+a+’&longitude=‘+b+’&variable=ppt&plotType=monthlyAverage&rcp=26&year=2016&download=true’”

Rainfall.gh (13.9 KB)

Thanks for the work @RafaelA :slight_smile:

@cdlea @KHollywood @Alakelele @estebanar1997 @hossein_nazari

2 Likes