Reading annual illuminance results

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding annual daylight analysis within honeybee…

I am calculating the annual illuminance for a number of measing planes across a floor plate… I select the rhino geometry in a specific order and link up to generate test points. Firstly, as i now have the .ill file… do i need to use honeybee read hourly results and use a time series in HOY to read a full years reaults. All i need to understand is how many hours each measuring plane is recieving above a certain illuminance (there are several). As i don’t want any of the CBDM metrics DA etc…

Secondly, When i read the .ill file all test points are bundle together making it impossible to see which measuring plane is which… Is there away to split these up so each measuring plane has its own .ill file?

Thanks!

You can get all you need from the .ill file. In ill file the first 3 columns are for month, day and hour. After that each column includes the results for a test point. The order follows the order of points from honeybee. Check the number of points for each floor plate and separate the columns based on that. That is what Honeybee also does to load the results.

Thanks! So… am i not able to seperate within honeybee?

You are! When creating the test points each “branch” will be considered a different analysis grid and the results for that branch will be calculated separately. When you generate the points from several surfaces Honeybee puts them in different branches by default which is what you are looking for.

Thanks for your response Mostapha. I don’t suppose you have an example of this? Struggling to organise the branches correctly…

Don’t worry! Figured it out! Thanksss