Removing some HB zones before decomposing HB zones by type to get the area of different components of a only a few specific zone

Hi, I’m working on LCA of a row house module. I’ve included the row houses on either side of the house to be tested so that the shared walls are identified and transmission losses through these walls are not included. At the moment I cannot figure out how to remove these adjacent zones before I connect the HB zones to the Decompose HB Zones by type component. My main reason for doing so is to extract the areas of the components of only the house in the centre and not the adjacent ones.

Row house.gh (638.3 KB)

You can define those 2 zones as unconditioned and then use the HB_conditionedUnconditioned to separate them. Also you can define different programs and then separate them with the HB_separateZonesByProgram.
-A.

1 Like

Hi
You could also probably use the Honeybee Item selector before your separator and select from a list of zones. Note that your building is still made of multiple zones so I had to connect three selectors Row house_EC.gh (630.8 KB)

Ellika

1 Like