Rhino 7 and Ladybug - new installation?

Hello there!

I would like to buy Rhino 7, but need to work with Ladybug in the future too. I saw that there are newer versions of Ladybug, but from the last installation on Rhino 6 I know, that there are several other programs, that I need to download in order for it to work. I followed the instructions on github. I am quite new to Ladybug and very happy, that the one script I use works fine, so I am worried, that it won’t work anymore with Rhino 7.
Do I need to update ladybug or any of the other programs? Or do I need to reinstall anything? Does Ladybug work properly on Rhino 7? And is there an instruction on github or somewhere else on how to work this through?

Thanks a lot!
Greetings,
Alisa

The process should be pretty much straight forward. You don’t need to install/uninstall anything beyond what you already have.
Though there are a couple of components that are not working properly in R7, but very soon there will be LBT versions for them.
You can work with R6 AND R7 together on your machine.
-A.

Sounds good! Well the problem is, that I only had Rhino 6 as testversion and the 90 days are over now. Ok then I will download the testversion of Rhino 7 and just try if my components work. But I still need to install Ladybug Tools 1.1.0. rhight? Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

Hi Alisa -

It’s not clear to me which version you used on Rhino 6. Rhino 7 doesn’t require a different version - the legacy version will work, with the exception of a couple of components as Abraham mentioned.
-wim

Hi All
I’m using both of Rhino, 6 and Rhino 7. It’ seems that Rhino 7 took a long time or indefinite time when running Ladybug or/and Honeybee plugins. Can someone tell me why and how can I resolve this problem.

Merci beaucoup

Hi -

Please post a simple example that demonstrates this behavior.
Also, run the Rhino SystemInfo command and copy-paste the information here.
-wim