Rotation vs. HB Rotation

Hello guys
I am trying to compute End Use Intensity (EUI) using Honeybee. I modeled my building using dragonfly “DF room 2D”.
I made a number slider for different building orientations to check the change of EUI with respect to building rotation. I used “Colibri TT Toolbox” to record inputs and outputs.
The problem is that the results are constant when using the component “HB Rotate”, while they are changing when using the built-in component of grasshopper “Rotate”.
It takes a short time when to simulate using “HB Rotate” as an input, and it takes a long time for the single run when using the built-in component “Rotate”.

Please I need a help to get the right results with the shortest time.

1 Like

Hey @isl91,

You could try using a value list instead of a Number Slider as your Colibri input to check if you still get the same results.
It would be easier if you could provide us with the gh file to test it.

Cheers,
Adarsh

Hello @Adarsh
Thank you for your response. I tried using value list. But the same problem exist.
I attached the grasshopper file.

Hey @isl91,

As the script does not have internalised data, I can’t check for errors as such. Please upload an internalised version of the gh script.

Cheers

Hey @isl91 ,

There were some issues with that script while connecting the HB rotation component with the HB Model to OSM component.

The simulation seems to run correctly now for both cases.

Optimisation Results from Builtin gh rotate component

From HB Rotation Component

I’m attaching the file here, make sure to change the units in Rhino to meters before you load this gh script.
Rotation_Colibri.gh (227.8 KB)

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Adarsh

3 Likes

thank you very much @Adarsh
it worked fine :pray:
But it takes a lot of time to recalculate the EUI for every rotation (about 6 minutes). Don’t you have a technique to speed up this process? I need thousands of iterations for different input variables.