RWDI is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Sustainability team as an Energy Consultant (Any Level) preferably in our Toronto or Portland offices but negotiable for any one of RWDI’s North American offices. This is a full-time permanent position.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Working in a dedicated group of energy modelers and sustainability experts – where collaborating, mentoring, training, and inspiring one another is the norm.
- Creating building performance simulations to guide the design of new and existing buildings.
- Advising clients, design teams, and team members of high-performance building strategies that will contribute to their successful pursuit of goals such as Zero Carbon, Passive House, certification under LEED, or compliance under OBC and Toronto Green Standard.
- Performing other technical analysis and research as necessary to support the sustainability and energy modelling team: performing daylight simulation, thermal comfort analysis, GHG accounting, life cycle assessments, building resilience studies, and researching codes, programs, standards and various other emerging sustainability issues and technologies.
- Preparing compliance documentation for various building performance codes, programs, and incentives.
- Communicating findings through reports, emails, calls, and in person meetings.
The following preferred criterion will be used as a filter to screen candidates that will be considered for interviews, accordingly, please ensure your skills and qualifications are clearly articulated in your application.
- Our primary simulation tool is IES Virtual Environment. Applied experience with IES VE or Energy Plus software packages are preferred. Experience with other energy modelling software (eQuest, EnergyPlus, TRACE, HOT2000, etc…) will also be considered.
- One to three years of building energy performance modelling experience are an asset.
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree related to buildings, HVAC, or energy efficiency
- Registered P.Eng, EIT or CET are an asset
- Credentials such as CEM, BEMP, or BESA are an asset.
- Familiarity with building mechanical, electrical, and architectural systems.
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles and thermal science (e.g. heat transfer, fluid dynamics).
- Understanding of building design and construction process, codes, standards, and protocols.
- Experience with LEED or other sustainable building rating/certification programs.
- Proficiency in Sketch up, AutoCAD, or Rhino an asset.
Candidates should also possess:
- A passion for sustainable buildings.
- Demonstrated innovative, independent problem-solving methods/capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with cross functional abilities.
- Strong people and team skills.
Please submit your cover letter and resume.