sDA & ASE with LB 1.2.0

@Mauricio thank you for that, you are correct, it is 8 to 6. I had totally glossed over that part.

@AbrahamYezioro ah yes that makes total sense. Found a way to use the model itself and create openings for ASE. Will post the final gh file after I am done tweaking it more.
I have one more question: I have some spaces that have internal glazing.
For example, there is an open floor office with smaller offices attached to it, and the smaller offices receive light from the windows on the open floor office.
How can I make honeybee read those walls as internal glazing so daylight from outside is also considered.

Hi,
Regarding the analysis period @Mauricio is right. The correct reference comes from the IES-LM-83-12:

As for the internal glazing i suggest at look at the example afn_apartment_model.gh from the samples folder included in the installation file on food4rhino.

-A.

1 Like

Worked it a little and something like this can work:

The radiance parameters should be enhanced (-ab) beyond default values.

-A.

1 Like

hi. thanks for that. yes it works perfectly well if i start off as a different face. but my building is already modelled in rhino so I have to use that, applying the same steps, unfortunately honeybee is being a bit iffy in reading an internal glazing. have to figure that out.

For that look at the example i mentioned before.
-A.

1 Like

Hi @AbrahamYezioro,

First, I would like to thank you for sharing your grasshopper script with us. I successfully implemented it on my model and for sure it will help me a lot in future projects as well.

I have a quite simple question to ask you: as @mostapha said at the end of this topic, modeling dynamic blinds is not something available yet in LBT 1.2.x —hijacking this part of the comment to ask him if there is any plans to add that soon —, so while I can get sDA and ASE results from this, because of the lack of dynamic blinds I believe a script like this cannot be used for to obtain the actual LEED credits, right? Do you have any workaround regarding this issue?

Thank you,
Leite

The question is simple but the answer not so much.
The file is just a proof of concept and not the “real” thing. Until further methods will be implemented this is what it is.
-A.

1 Like

Hi Dear @AbrahamYezioro

When I try to simulate your sDA analysis HB Annual Daylight says 1. Solution exception:Recipe “annual-daylight” is not installed.
Do you know what’s the problem? I haven’t heard this error.

Best,
Nariman

You probably need to update your LBT with the Versioner. Otherwise … no idea.
-A.

Unfortunately, the LBT version is the latest one!

Hi @AbrahamYezioro

I run two same daylight simulations for sDA and ASE with legacy components and your algorithms in LBT 1.2.0 for these two indices but the results were different. Did you test it yourself?

Best,
Nariman

Yes, I did.
I did it again now because of your question. Interestingly, teh sDA results have large differences (Legacy vs LBT with the version i posted above). I kept digging and found that the Radiance parameters connected to the LBT AnnualDaylight (-ab 8) is causing the issue. I reduced it to -ab 2 and the results get closer and -ab -1 where they are pretty similar. See below image (Top - Legacy, Bottom - LBT).

The question is how the Legacy was calculated then.

ASE results are quite similar as they are without changing anything.

-A.

Hi @AbrahamYezioro

Definitely, You’re right.
Also, when I change the grid size in LB Direct Sun Hours, the grid size doesn’t change for me and I do not know why!

Best,
Nariman

Hi @AbrahamYezioro

Thanks for the attachment. I have a question with regards tot he error I’m getting. Below is a screenshot.

1. Solution exception:Recipe “annual-daylight” is not installed.

I am currently using the latest ladybug plugin. Also, I do not have any problems running the ASE script at the bottom.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum @johnzapanta ,
Try updating with the versioner, then restart rhino and test the file again.
There is not much i can do at my end with such an error.
Also check this post.
-A.

Hi @Nariman.Rafati

I am also facing the same issue, how did u resolve the problem?

Hi @johnzapanta

I tried to set the same algorithm on my own workflow and that did it right.
Try to set it component by component yourself.

Best,
Nariman

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I got another question. Why is it when I adjust the spatial properties (Increasing the size of the space from the slider) I receive an error regarding the mesh? any way to resolve this error. Thanks in advance.

Check you are not using existing results.
-A.

Yes, not using existing results. I toggled the boolean option. Also noticed that the result graphics did not show any colour change. Any way to resolve this?