selectSkyMtx HOY error

Hi all,

I am getting an error with the selectSkyMtx component when inputting large arrays of HOY inputs. See attached file.

The error says “1. Solution exception:unsupported operand type(s) for +: ‘str’ and ‘int’”.

It occurs on lines 42 and 141, where the HOY seems to be calculated and called. The error only appears when I have at least 1000 HOY inputs or so. The data seems to be good, but I can’t reasonably check every data set to be sure. I would feel more comfotable if I knew what was causing the error. I just can’t figure this one out.

My goal is to combine many hourly sky domes into a single cumulative dome that responds to complex occupancy schedules or heating/cooling schedules. The analysis period does not allow this level of refinement. Is there a better way to accomplish what I want using standard Ladybug components?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ladybug test.gh (56.2 KB)
USA_MO_St.Louis-Lambert.Intl.AP.724340_TMY3.epw (1.57 MB)

Hi Leland,

Good to see you here. This is a minor known bug that I actually forget to fix. Thank you for reporting it.

The problem happens only for the last hour of year. Checked the attached file for the fixed version. Replace the new Ladybug from the file from what you have in your computer.

You can use separateData component to separate the numbers from the headings of the lists add all the numbers (for all the skies) together and then use one of the sky headers to create a valid Ladybug list. You can use that list (which is your custom sky) for your analysis. Very interesting to see advanced uses of Ladybug like this.

Mostapha

Leland_HOY_bug.gh (58.6 KB)

P.S. I also modified VB components in your file. As far as I know it is not a good practice to use “out” output as a normal output. It only works as a terminal.