** Severe ** CheckConvexity: Surface=“surface-name” is non-planar

hi all
i front of with these eror for run energy simulatuin component
please help me

1. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** CheckConvexity: Surface=“SHDSRF_0_0_A067A297-D570-444E-A2EC-48D5AF14BAC8_0” is non-planar.
  2. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** CheckConvexity: Surface=“SHDSRF_1_0_E3C29264-F7D6-4010-A4EB-44FF1DCCA43E_0” is non-planar.
  3. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** CheckConvexity: Surface=“SHDSRF_2_0_E3CA0D68-5742-44E7-9FA7-CF56641EE75B_0” is non-planar.
  4. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** CheckConvexity: Surface=“SHDSRF_3_0_5CE3B97E-D72F-4628-BE5B-B6BFE75D4AA2_0” is non-planar.
  5. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** CheckConvexity: Surface=“SHDSRF_4_0_C92CF386-244C-4169-A2D1-86E5E48FF30E_0” is non-planar.
  6. The simulation has not run correctly because of this severe error:
    ** Severe ** CheckConvexity: Surface=“SHDSRF_5_0_8EB01C14-76CD-43F1-9994-3FCAE4FB68EA_0” is non-planar.

Looks like you have a non-planar face which Honeybee has failed to automatically convert it to planar faces. You can use Grasshopper to break it down into planar faces before creating your energy model.

I did not understand what you meant
Can I send you the file?

Please help me
i need to help you

You can upload a clean model here to replicate the problem. See here for best practices on how to share your model: https://discourse.ladybug.tools/faq

thanks
but im trust level 0
and i connot upload file
how i can sending file for you?

Hi -

You will quickly reach trust level 1 if you spend some time reading a few threads here. You could, for example, search to check if your question was answered in an earlier post. That might be all that it takes.
-wim

1 Like

Hi,
my simulation gives the same severe error as @hakan .
I checked that the surfaces were planar with GH’s “isPlanar” component and all the surfaces turn out to be planar. I don’t understand what caused the error.

Maybe I didn’t understand what @mostapha means by:

I attach my GH file and hope you can help me. Thank you so much.

Context.gh (584.2 KB)

I have the same problem

Hi Sandra -

You’ll have to upload your gh file…
-wim

Hi,

I had similar issues with my model.
Most of the time this can be solved by changing the units tolerance in Rhino or by rebuilding / recreating of the problematic surfaces. One tip - use as simple as posible Rhino comands for surfaces like PlanarSrf, Loft, Sweep 1 rail, and always Rebuild the lines first and then create surface out of them.

Tihomir