Shade or Blind?

Small question @chris,
How you will define this image, as Shade or as Blind?

I think it is like a roller shade where you need to define the permeability but it can also be a blind, though it doesn’t have slits …
Thanks,
-A.
p.s. I asked this in another discussion, but i think there is too much there already.

Hey @AbrahamYezioro ,
I am sorry that this fell through the cracks on the other discussion but I’m glad that you asked it again.

You could definitely model this as a blind with a very steep slat angle (eg. 90 degrees) but using a shade material is also likely to give you similar results. Probably the only significant difference between the two options for this case in EnergyPlus world is that the blind can let direct beam solar transmit while all solar that hits a shade material becomes perfectly diffuse. In the end, if you match the two such that the same amount of sun gets through, the overall energy balance and energy results aren’t likely to change that much. But, if you are doing a really detailed study of thermal comfort where you need an accurate measure of floor surface temperature close to the window, using the blind might give you slightly more accurate results.

Thanks @chris,
Agree with you that Blinds will be the better option. In the image you can see that the cracks can be “controlled”, so you can bring total closeness to some degree of openness between them. This is on the newer ones. The very old ones can be defined as shades since they shade fully.
-A.