Simulation Start Day

energy
#1

Is there a bug in the EnergySimPar component? Trying to set the simulation start day for Sunday (which should be the default in any case) but the results are showing it starting on Thursday.

#2

Hi @Elliot_Glassman, Is this problem solved? Are you using OpenStudio or the EnergyPlus component? Also what is the OS / EP version?

#3

No luck fixing this. I am using the Open studio component with version 2.5.

#4

hi,@Elliot_Glassman Could you upload your Grasshooper definition?

#5

@minggangyin Here is a simplified version of the script (the other one was quite complicated and contained many references to external files). Hopefully, it will replicate the error.ErrorExample.gh (752.7 KB)

#6

I am also running E+ 8.9, I don’t know if that makes a difference

#7

I found the solution although I am not entirely sure I understand the export process that is causing the issue.

I was originally using measures to extract the results to CSV, which generated the posted results where the simulation started on Thursday. When I added additional strings to the IDF to export the hourly variables instead, the simulation results started on Sunday. So it looks like the start day was being transmitted to the IDF but not Open Studio. Not sure how it was generating the erroneous results through the measures.