Sketchup to Rhino Geometry Workflow for Radiation Analysis

Hi Folks -

I am not the most proficient Rhino/GH user.

We typically receive geometry from our clients in SketchUp. In the past I have exported that geometry as a .dwg, imported into rhino, performed mesh2nurbs, and then assigned the converted surfaces to a BREP in GH for the radiation analysis.

If it isn’t very simple geometry, I almost always run into issues with the Radiation tool breaking or throwing an error like “Solution Exception: None Type is not iterable”.

Does anyone have a workflow that seems to work for them? A youtube video would be even better!

I generally don’t have hours of time to redraw the geometry in Rhino from scratch.

Thanks!

-Scott

What version of Ladybug Tools are you using? Is it the Legacy Ladybug plugin or the new LBT 1.4 plugin?

Generally speaking, error messages like that should not happen in the LBT 1.4 plugin. If there is somehow an error in the LBT plugin, you should be getting a much more informative message about what is wrong. So, if you are using the LBT plugin and you upload a minimal sample file that recreates the issue, I’ll add a fix.

Hi @chris

Up until a few days ago, I was stuck on Rhino 5, so I was using the Legacy package.

We were just able to upgrade to Rhino 7, so if I understand correctly, we can update to LBT 1.4.

Looking to try a bunch of the upgraded/upgraded tools & components.

-Scott

1 Like