Solar Access - Invalid Literal for Float Error on Run Radiance Analysis

daylight

Hi All,

I am trying to run a simple solar access calculation and I am getting stuck on the Run Radiance Analysis node. I am getting the following error “Invalid Literal for Float Error(): NCOMP=1”

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

Is this happening in Dynamo or Grasshopper?

Its happening in Dynamo.

Hi Devang, I have uploaded the files i used if that helps.
Solar Access File.rvt (2.3 MB)
Solar Access.dyn (33.5 KB)

@danieljl9443, can you save the revit file as 2017 so I can open the file? Thanks.

@mostapha, I cant back save in Revit. Unless you mean the the dynamo file somehow? It was just a simple project with two rooms and a couple of windows and doors.

I could recreate the file in 2017, and dynamo 1.3.3. and see if i get the same problem?

Did you find a solution to this? I have the same issue.

Hi Stephan, no i didn’t. Is your project in 2017?
Maybe you can supply your project so @mostapha can work out why?

Actually the answer to this one is simple. Install an older version of Radiance or update Honeybee library manually. See here:

Thanks @mostapha. How does one update the Honeybee library manually? Or sync with Github?

Hi Daniel and Mostapha,
Thank you for answering!

I would not mind sharing my project - but it is not a project yet. Right now I am struggling just to make the example files run. I can make 1-3 run - but 04 is so full of error messages, that it feels more like a version conflict somewhere between Revit, Dynamo, Honeybee and Radiance.

In Revit 17, Dynamo 2.0.1 I can make the node “Run Radiance Analysis” work - but then “Annual daylight metrix” turns out “null” and has this warning:

Warning: __func_0a1c64be8d1c4e77928c02efb89497a0 expects argument type(s) (var, var[], var, int, int[]), but was called with (System.Object[], DesignScript.Builtin.Dictionary, null, null, DesignScript.Builtin.Dictionary).
Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.

In general it seems like some nodes are not reacting to default values - like the “Sky Matrix” needing hoys_ not to end in error.

Sorry for the messy report - but I feel a bit like fumbling in the dark…

Is the a best practice of what versions to use with what @mostapha?