Solar Access - Invalid Literal for Float Error on Run Radiance Analysis

Hi All,

I am trying to run a simple solar access calculation and I am getting stuck on the Run Radiance Analysis node. I am getting the following error “Invalid Literal for Float Error(): NCOMP=1”

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

1 Like

Is this happening in Dynamo or Grasshopper?

Its happening in Dynamo.

Hi Devang, I have uploaded the files i used if that helps.
Solar Access File.rvt (2.3 MB)
Solar Access.dyn (33.5 KB)

@danieljl9443, can you save the revit file as 2017 so I can open the file? Thanks.

@mostapha, I cant back save in Revit. Unless you mean the the dynamo file somehow? It was just a simple project with two rooms and a couple of windows and doors.

I could recreate the file in 2017, and dynamo 1.3.3. and see if i get the same problem?

Did you find a solution to this? I have the same issue.

Hi Stephan, no i didn’t. Is your project in 2017?
Maybe you can supply your project so @mostapha can work out why?

1 Like

Actually the answer to this one is simple. Install an older version of Radiance or update Honeybee library manually. See here:

1 Like

Thanks @mostapha. How does one update the Honeybee library manually? Or sync with Github?

1 Like

Hi Daniel and Mostapha,
Thank you for answering!

I would not mind sharing my project - but it is not a project yet. Right now I am struggling just to make the example files run. I can make 1-3 run - but 04 is so full of error messages, that it feels more like a version conflict somewhere between Revit, Dynamo, Honeybee and Radiance.

In Revit 17, Dynamo 2.0.1 I can make the node “Run Radiance Analysis” work - but then “Annual daylight metrix” turns out “null” and has this warning:

Warning: __func_0a1c64be8d1c4e77928c02efb89497a0 expects argument type(s) (var, var[], var, int, int[]), but was called with (System.Object[], DesignScript.Builtin.Dictionary, null, null, DesignScript.Builtin.Dictionary).
Internal error, please report: Dereferencing a non-pointer.

In general it seems like some nodes are not reacting to default values - like the “Sky Matrix” needing hoys_ not to end in error.

Sorry for the messy report - but I feel a bit like fumbling in the dark…

Is the a best practice of what versions to use with what @mostapha?

Hi I have same problem here, and I just solve the problem below:
Could not CHMOD executable [Error 2] file does not exist oconv.exe
I installed radiance 5.1 and now my dynamo look like this:

should I update Honeybee library manually? and how to do it?
I do it by revit 2018 and dynamo 1.2.2

thanks in advance.

It will be easier to just use an older version of Radiance. If you want to update the libraries manually you have to copy it under C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Revit\1.2\packages\Honeybee\extra\honeybeex. There have been several changes to honeybee between that time and now and I’m not sure if everything will work fine.

which older version of Radiance is recommended?
thanks very much!

Based on the release notes: Honeybee[+] 0.0.3 for Grasshopper and Dynamo Release this version should work: https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases/tag/5.1.0

thanks!the problem seem solved,but next problem is… when I used generate color node ,the input type is not match.If I connect a wrong node?:disappointed_relieved:

Hi,
I have similar error.
I use Dynamo 2.0.2. & Radiance 5.1. & Honeybee 0.1.9.

Przechwytywanie