Solar Chimney project

Hi!
I am about to do a project with a solar chimney. I found this evaporative cooling tower in hydra… But I am searching a tutorial as well in order to comprehend the complexity of the algoritm does any knows where can I find a good tutorial for it?

Daniel

Evaporative_Cooling_Tower.gh (749.9 KB)

A solar chimney is pretty different from an evaporative cooling tower. If what you are modeling is truly a solar chimney, then you should use the dedicated object for it in EnergyPlus:

https://bigladdersoftware.com/epx/docs/9-5/input-output-reference/group-airflow.html#zonethermalchimney-thermal-chimney

It looks like you should be able to add it to the model in the same way that the cooling tower is added with additional strings. You should just input a string that follows the sample that they give in the Input/Output reference there:

ZoneThermalChimney,
    ThermalChimney1,               !- Name of Thermal Chimney System
    ThermalChimneyZone,            !- Name of Thermal Chimney Zone
    ThermalChimneyAvail,           !- Availability Schedule Name
    3.5,                           !- Width of the Absorber Wall
    0.04,                          !- Cross Sectional Area of Air Channel Outlet
    0.8,                           !- Discharge Coefficient
    Zone1,                         !- Zone Name 1
    8.0,                           !- Distance from the Top of the Thermal Chimney to Inlet 1
    0.8,                           !- Relative Ratios of Air Flow Rates Passing through Zone 1
    0.02,                          !- Cross Sectional Areas of Air Channel Inlet 1
    Zone2,                         !- Zone Name 2
    5.0,                           !- Distance from the Top of the Thermal Chimney to Inlet 2
    0.2,                           !- Relative Ratios of Air Flow Rates Passing through Zone 2
    0.02;                          !- Cross Sectional Areas of Air Channel Inlet 2
1 Like

Is there any example of a solar chimney algorithm in hydra or a tutorial I can follow? I am still reading the example in the link you gave me but also searching for a bit more easy to understand material.