Solution exception: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable on Honeybee fly component

Hi,
on mac Osx 10.13.6 I’m getting this message as I place the “fly” component of honeybee from Rino 6.
I assume there is some problem in the directory but i cannot figure out how to solve this crazy problem i’m dealing with for many days. I reinstall different times everything fresh but without any solutions. I even tried to assign a path name to the input but because mac has some space on the system it’s rejected. I don’t think this can be the reason but just to give other details I left the default italian name to the user as “utente” when i started the first time my computer.
Please there is someone able to solve this problem. Thank you so much for help

Ps. EnergyPlus-8-6-0; OpenStudio Version 2.0.0 are installed inside the Mac’s Applications folder

Honeybee legacy doesn’t support Mac. :expressionless: You should wait and try the [+] plugins.

Thank you Mostapha so much and more then that for all your incredible work.
Following your advice I’ll try to uninstall and reinstall HB and LB but, from what I know, honeybee [+] 0.0.04 is not covering any energy analysis. It can run only some solar analysis. Is it true?.
If not ( it can manage energy consumption,…) in your opinion i need to downgrade energyplus, radiance, python, …and at which release?

thank you

Thank you for the kind words.

It currently only supports daylight simulation. The energy simulation components are under development.

Download the latest version of legacy components. You have to use Windows of course until we get the new plugins out there.

Hi everyone, I’m new in the forum, I hope to don’t make any mistake. I just download the latest version of Ladybug tools for Mac. Everything looks and Works good, except for honeybee. Unfortunately “he can’t fly” and I don’t understand why. There’s anyone that can help me?

Can you post a picture of the error? Are you trying to run HB Legacy in Mac?

First of all thank you for the reply. This is the error, it’s the same of the original question. The old problem was that the release is not completely supported by macOS. I don’t try to run HB Legacy, I’m going to do it.

Hi @Luigi,
Please use Ladybug tool version 1.0.9. From the following link. https://www.food4rhino.com/app/ladybug-tools
The legacy versions won’t work on Mac.
Please also make sure you follow the following steps;
https://github.com/ladybug-tools/lbt-grasshopper/wiki/1.2-Mac-Installation-Steps

I already did it, but I have some trouble to use some component. for example, can I do a energy simulation with the version on Mac?

yes you can. Look for the following sample files in the zip you download.
Samples

[quote=“devang, post:10, topic:7627”]
Look for the following sample files in the zip you download.
[/quote
thank you very much.:pray: I’m going to study this samples.

I have study the samples in the download, and I noticed that some component are missing. In my case, I need to do a glare analysis and I don’t know which component use with the sky input. I try to use the old component but that can’t run.

Hi -

That’s correct. You can’t run the legacy version on the Mac.
-wim

Thanks wim. I’m a Mac user, so I hope in new release asap

Hello,
Does anyone have any idea is it now possible to fly Honeybee on Mac? And if it is possible, what steps should I take to avoid mistakes, because I as well get “1. Solution exception:argument of type ‘NoneType’ is not iterable”-message. Thank you in advance!

Use the new LBT 1.3 plugin. It is fully supported on Mac.

1 Like