Spatial Direct Sun Studies with Fritted Glass

Chris…or anyone else!

I am a patreon member and watched your video regarding Spatial Direct Sun Studies. I have a project where I would like to do some testing and they plan to use fritted glass. You mentioned this as a way you made your lobby project become more suitable for sun glare. How did you do the test with the characteristics of fritted glass?

Thanks! Great Stuff!

2 Likes

Fritted Glass ,really is something fascinating, and yet very complex

I think the path is a BSDF simulation, which I’m trying to learn more about, The closest I came was these links and this python file produced by our friend sarith, I hope that in some way they can be useful and that lead you on the right path

there is still an article made by Mostapha

https://www.radiance-online.org:447/pipermail/radiance-general/2002-June/000327.html
glaze.py (22.2 KB)

there is something in the LBNL programs like the Window

optical-model-fritted-glazing.pdf (404.8 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you both for responding…took me while to get to this, but hopefully I can work out a workflow!

I used to use the glaze script often in native linux-based Radiance… I no longer use native Radiance and do all of my simulations in Honeybee.

I see the python file above - which looks like it might be what I am looking for - but admittedly have no idea what to do with it. Could anyone provide any guidance on how to use this file to access the glaze script?

Thanks! M