Spatial UTCI .gh definition errors

Hey everyone,

I have been exploring Chris Mackey’s Spatial UTCI map .gh definition for a project, but have been running into some problems. The first one is the amount of time the definition hangs; I have to leave the computer do its work overnight in order to get anything. When Rhino unfreezes, I get the following result:

The ladybug installation was performed correctly, so i don’t know exactly where else to look. I have attached the .3dm file and .gh definition on the following link:

https://we.tl/t-IGlRvKNY8P

Thank you for your time everyone

Best,
Theo

I would check the normal of the analysis surface. It should point upwards.
-A.

1 Like

Thank you Abraham. I checked the getmesh tool but can’t seem to locate which component extracts the plane’s normal. Which component are you referring to?

Thank you,
Theo

If Rhino: use the dir command.
If in GH, Evaluate the surface + Display Vector. Flip component will change the normal.
-A.

1 Like

Thank you Abraham and sorry for the late response, the simulation just finished. The normal was indeed pointing downwards but, after switching it to point upwards, I get the same result, namely:

Do you have any other suggestions on what I should be looking at? Thanks again, I will keep troubleshooting on my end as well.

1. Check if the unit is meters in Rhino.
  2. Disconnect the legend parameters. That should show some results. Once you see them, attach legend parameters relevant to your results.
1 Like

kindly setup a profile picture

1 Like

Disconnect the lower and upper limits and you’ll see results. Agree with @devang. Set those limits AFTER you know the range.

For the sake of time i changed the grid size. Consider if you need a so fine resolution. It will take a lot of time to calculate.
No need to set units to meters.

-A.

1 Like

Thank you Abraham, that did the trick! Thank you @devang for your advice as well, will do.