Summer design day setpoint temperature for weekly schedule

For the HB Weekly Schedule component, if there is no _ summer_des_ connected, it automatically sets it as the day schedule with the highest average value.

I see this working for internal loads, but for setpoint temperatures, it messes up the sizing run and the HVAC system becomes undersized. The legacy version set the Monday schedule as the summer design schedule so this wasn’t an issue.

Can we have it so if the schedule type is “Temperature”, we flip the way the component automatically sets the summer and winter design days so that the lower average is the summer and higher average is the winter?

1 Like

Hi @kentakahas ,

I worry a little about communicating more complicated sets of conditionals for the design day default but, at the same time, I can see how your suggestion could make life easier. I guess this isn’t going to be that much more complicated and it will probably save some people from mistakes. Alright, I’ll implement your suggestion in the development version of the plugin as soon as I get the chance.

1 Like

Your wish has been granted, @kentakahas :

It should be available with the LB Versioner in an hour or so.

1 Like

Thanks @chris! Confirmed that it works as expected!

1 Like