The following sub-faces were not matched with any parent Face: Aperture_0fd25106

hello everyone
I am trying to model this project parametrically (window). when the angle is 0, everything is ok but when I change the degree, I face with this problem which is titled below:
“1. The following sub-faces were not matched with any parent Face:
Aperture_0fd25106”

PS: I know the aperture must belong to parent face but I want a solution to investigate the window parametrically. Thanks in advance
1.gh (132.4 KB)

@AbrahamYezioro Hello Abraham, sorry to disturb you… I am sure that you can help me with this issue…

The surface you want to assign as a window is not co-planar to the wall surface. That’s why you get the error. HB doesn’t know who to assign the window. Changing the rotation angle to 0 (in this case) the problem is solved (see yellow group in the attached).
If you want the window to be co-planar to the wall you need also to rotate the wall itself.

I’m suggesting an alternative (blue group) where the window can be parametric and not hard modeled. The problem is that it defines windows on walls that I’m not sure you are interested in.

Hope this helps.
-A.
1_AY.gh (149.0 KB)

Dear @AbrahamYezioro
Thank you for your reply and file. Actually, I need a window (like the image below) to be rotated parametrically. The file that you presented, I am not able to change the degrees and orientation. Also, in this file, you considered both surfaces as window but I need the upper surface to be a window. Please let me know if you have any solution for this because my project has been stoped because of this issue…

Dear @AbrahamYezioro and @chris
After a long time, I have modelled this project and now I am facing the same error which is “1. The following sub-faces were not matched with any parent Face:
Aperture_fefa2b00”. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

daylight.gh (37.8 KB)

The mistake happens because the window you defined is EXACTLY the same size of the surface it is hosted. Windows must be, at most, a bit smaller than the hosting surface, like so:

Hope it helps,
-A.

3 Likes

Dear @AbrahamYezioro;
Thanks! That worked. I have another question from you. I have modelled this model parametrically and faced with some challenges:
1- I am not able to do daylight simulation the “Merge component” because it says it is not closed brep.Therefore, I have to use “join brep” to join this surface with the box and with this criteria, parametric changing is not possible anymore.
2- how can I remove the vertical grid from simulation?

many thanks in advance

lbt2

Can you upload the simplified version of the file? The previous file has just the geometry.
Edit:
The inclined surfaces are recognized as roofs and floors. That’s why you get to analysis surfaces/grids/You need to set a proper value at the _roof_angle_ input so they become walls. Like so:

After that you’ll get the surface analysis you want.

As for the model, not sure what to suggest. I tried to use the geometry coming out of the Cap Holes component which is a closed brep. See image above.
In any case, for daylight simulations the geometry doesn’t have to be closed.
-A.

2 Likes

Dear @AbrahamYezioro ;
Many thanks for your comprehensive answer. Your sugesstions always helped me. Is it really possible to do daylight simulation with no closed brep? I have been trying to use Cap Holes and utilizing this way caused a few challenging problem for my parametric approach. I am sorry to say that but can you see my gh file and consider your suggestions and corrections to my file? Here is my gh file.
Many thanks :slight_smile:
02.gh (77.7 KB)

Not sure i understand your question.
As the file looks it will be better to create a simplified version of it with the minimal information needed to understand the problem, so people here can try to help.

-A.

1 Like

Dear @AbrahamYezioro
My question is: Is there a method to conduct daylight simulation that doesn’t require a “closed brep” as mandated by “HB Room From Solid”? If such an approach exists, could you provide guidance on its implementation?

Hi @math202,

The Rooms must be closed volumes, however, for a valid model for daylight simulations you do not need a Room-based model. You can create the model with Faces, Apertures, Shades, and Doors. I have attached an example of this.

There are some limitations if you do not use a Room-based model, but if you are not going to implement Aperture Groups you can create a model without Rooms.

Another limitation is in the sensor grid creation. You cannot use “HB Sensor Grid from Rooms”, so you will have to use “LB Generate Point Grid” and “HB Sensor Grid”.

daylight.gh (48.4 KB)

2 Likes

Hi @mikkel
Wow!Thank you! This is the exactly what I want. But in this way, when I want to create sensor grid, this error comes.

Hi @math202,

When you use “LB Generate Point Grid” you have to use a Brep or Mesh. You cannot connect your model and generate the grids automatically. See attached file.

daylight.gh (55.3 KB)

2 Likes

Dear @mikkel
Everythin is alright now :).
Many thanks :rose: