Therm Boundary - Overlap

Hi

I am trying to do a therm condensation risk analysis. But it’s showing error due to overlap/gap. I cannot find the overlap. Could there be some other issue?

DraftedDetail.3dm (205.9 KB)
Test.gh (581.0 KB)

Thank you

Hello @MansiDhanuka,

I tried to open up your file in THERM and there are two issues here that I see:

1. You are missing the glazing gap / cavity on the right side. Make sure you include that with the input polygons
  2. The overlaps / gaps issues appears to be with the irregular shaped cavity around the steel column. If you open up the .THMX file in therm (even though the run fails, it still creates the THMX file which you can open directly) and it locates the issue areas circled in the image here:

if you delete the irregular shape (lower half) and use the ‘paint bucket’ in THERM to autofill the cavity there (and add in the missing air-gap on the right side) it appears to work ok:

if you look at your Rhino geometry you’ll notice that the edges / points are ever so slightly off which is usually enough to cause THERM to have fit:

I’ve attached the corrected THM file here for your reference. best of luck.

best,
-Ed

Test_Corrected.thm (696.7 KB)

2 Likes

Hi Ed,

Thank you for checking the file and replying.

I corrected the file for over laps and checked it in therm as well. It shows no output for problem region but still I get no result. I’ve attached snip of the result. What should be my next step. i want to create the colored therm graphic from grasshopper.

Thank you

Mansi

Hi @MansiDhanuka, it looks from your screenshot like there are still overlap problems (in the ‘readMe’ output) - if you want to upload your revised file I am happy to take a look at it.

best,
-Ed

1 Like