THERM unusual non standard version of 'Overlapping Polygons' error

Hello All,

I have done many THERM studies and quite complex ones as well but this is not a typical overlapping region issue. It has been a while since I have done one of these and all of a sudden I am getting a very strange overlapping polygon error that highlights all the materials including doing a super basic couple of rectangles. I have tried new workflows, existing ones that I know worked previously, I have even tried going back to LB-HB 68-65 to see if that would change this error, but non have worked. I have fully uninstalled THERM 7.6 and LB Legacy and LB Tools all with no change. Unfortunately I can not test another computer right now, but I am curious if anyone has had this issue.

I have attached a file with two basic materials and this error occurs on my end. curious if anyone else sees this.Queens 7th Flr Thermal Study_THERM_V2.gh (492.4 KB)

Thanks!

@emmanuelgee ,

I think this is because of a change in Rhino’s geometry methods between Rhino 6 and Rhino7. A few months ago, I added a fix to the latest version of the Legacy components on Github. Updating the components on your canvas to that version fixed everything:

Queens 7th Flr Thermal Study_THERM_V2_UPDATED.gh (492.7 KB)

Needless to say, when we eventually implement some THERM capabilities in the LBT plugin, I will write them in a manner that is much more robust in regards to minor changes to Rhino’s underlying geometry methods.

Ah, ok thanks Chris. That’s great to know. I thought I updated everything but I will check GitHub and pull the latest.

Thanks for looking into it.