Tips for cutting down analysis time on complex geometry / double curvature?

geometry
radiance
daylight

I am analyzing some skylights cut into a helical roof. (Like a circular ramp.)
I have around 750 test points on the floor, and about 350 double curved panels that make up the roof. My analysis times are around 20 minutes. Does anyone have an idea for how to help honeybee handle the complex geometry and produce simulations faster? Would triangulation help it out?
Thanks.
JM

@JimMarsh ,

Honeybee uses Rhino’s built-in meshing to turn curved surfaces into the triangles and quads that Radiance needs. So any way that you can planarize the curved geometry that results in fewer polygons than Rhino’s built-in meshing will reduce the calculation time.

@JimMarsh Please upload the model or some screenshot for your model.

Here is the roof in question. Some of the panels will be glass and the rest are opaque.
Helix Roof.3dm (5.3 MB)

@ Hi,JimMarsh. I don’t know which analysis are you intending to do. But from the messages above, I guess you are doing daylighting analysis. For daylighting analysis,in my experience you can use Mesh instead of Brep. There is one compotent called MSH2RAD, you can pay more attention on it. This compotent is very suitable for some complex model. Below is daylighting analysis for a demo project.

MSH2RAD

Reviewing Avg Daylight Factor Methodology

Thanks @minggangyin. That model is decently complex and the analysis resolution seems pretty high. How long did it take to analyze?

Hi @JimMarsh .Runing daylight factor analysis for that model is used for 5 mins using 4 CPU.