Total Illuminance values from a schedule of blind states

Hello,
I have two questions on a couple of things which are not really clear to me:

• Why, despite having just one window group (as confirmed in the report panel of the Run Radinace Analysis component), in the report panel of the Dynamic Blinds schedule component it says that I have 2?

• As you can see in the second picture, I want to get the total illuminance values to create a lighting schedule, I followed the suggestion in this post Parametric Daylight and Energy Simulation with HB[+], and get the values with a sensor connected to the component. However, I would like to have these values as the combination of values from different blind states that I pick up according to a schedule logic (let’s say for instance that for the first half of the year I want the blind state 2 that corresponds to 10° tilt angle and for the second half the blind state 5 that corresponds to 25° tilt angle as you can see in the picture). How do I have to do exactly to get the illuminance values according to this blind schedule?

I hope someone has a simple answer to this!
Thank you,

Matteo

This will only answer your first question. The 3-phase simulation workflow in HB[+] includes an initial 2-phase/DC simulation. This DC simulation is ‘Window Group 0: scene’. Its purpose is to account for daylight penetration through ‘static’ windows, i.e. all windows where you want a single state. Since you only have window surfaces with a BSDF file in your model, the results from this DC simulation should be 0.

This is the reason why when you do blind states the input is [0, 0] for example, where the index is the DC simulation.

See more here.

Ok, that’s clearer now, thank you for the explanation @mikkel

Hope someone else can answer the second question!

Ok, I have found the solution to the second question; I am going to share here a brief explanation for anyone who might need it in the future.

I solved the issue by using the HoneybeePlus_Sensor Hourly Values connected to a sensor, instead of the Dynamic Blinds schedule components as in the previously posted picture. To this component is possible to insert a list of values in the form of tuples representing the states of the blinds and having as an output illuminance values for each hour, from which you can create a personalized light control schedule.