Trees in Outdoor Thermal Comfort

Hey All looking to find the thermal comfort of multiple trees in courtyard space.

Been using Chris’s awesome script

http://hydrashare.github.io/hydra/viewer?owner=chriswmackey&for…

Im a bit confused as to whether I can only use this on a single tree basis. I think I may be stressing my machine to the limit and it just will not compute. I’ve let it run for multiple hours. Any insights would be wonderful.

Best

Gjergji

Hi Gjergji,

If you can provide your GH script it will be easier for people to take a look and help.

I am guessing that you are assessing the impact of multiple trees following Chris’s example. If the geometry representing the trees is simple enough (most of the time flat surfaces will do) it should not put much stress on the simulation. I am not sure what happens with more complex shapes and the view factor calculations. You can try starting with a very coarse grid and move to more refined studies perhaps.

Kind regards,

Theodore.

Hi Gjergji,

Sunpath shading component supports using single/multiple irregular tree geometries for outdoor comfort.
You can download an example in here.

Hey All Here is the file with model.

djordje the script you reference is the one I’m using.

Hi Gjergjji,

The link I provided in my previous reply is not the link to the starting reply of the topic. But a permalink (link to an individual topic reply). This one:

Regards,
djordje

Trees_in_Outdoor_Thermal_Comfort.gh (600 KB)

Model attached below

Model attached below

Tree_Grid.3dm (2.13 MB)