TRUE or FALSE: sDA as a metric to evaluate daylight in "early design phases"?

Hey folks!

I’m writing to ask if anybody can recommend a sort of a metric that is able to evaluate daylighting performance in early design phases. Literature is full of many applications that balance among sDA and ASE, but unfortunately all those implementations are in later phases (e.g. design development phase) or are applied on open plan building typologoes like office buildings. So what if we are working on a hotel building or a resort that is full of hundreds of zones?

The problem is that, you know, in conceptual design phases we have no zones are decided yet, just massing. So, is it right to apply sDA/ASE or any other metric that you can recommend on the total floor area? to indicate and optimize how much daylight can enter the building envelope through an optimum set of windows configuration and building orientation?

Image courtesy of https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0038092X15006933

Any recommendations? Thanks a bunch in advance!

I personally prefer UDI. It considers both minimum and maximum thresholds and is very straight forward.

Thank you @mostapha for your kind recommendation. So, do you think this Honeybee component Honeybee_Read Annual Result I is a good one to solve this metric?

If yes, do you have any suggestion (logic) regarding how to optimize UDI to get strict to both maximum and minimum thresholds resulted by this component? and is there any possibility to visualize it too like sDA?