Tutorial on "Additional String" input of exportToOpenStudio

Dear All,

Apparently in some cases it is necessary to add additional string to the exportToOpenStudio component prior to running it.

Is there a tutorial available on this topic?

Personally, I don’t work directly with OpenStudio or EnergyPlus. I guess some of other Honeybee users may also have similar question.

Thank you

Hi @AryanShahabian,

There is no tutorials but you can find a number of examples on Hydra. It is currently pretty dumb and adds all the inputs to the end of idf file. It’s useful to add the objects that are not currently supported in Honeybee to idf file. Here is an example.

1 Like

Hi @mostapha,

I am trying to add Daylighting:Controls and Daylighting:ReferencePoint to an Energy plus simulation using Additional String but it keeps adding them both to Daylight:Controls.

What syntax would I have to use to get the EnergyPlus simulator to put them into their own categories?

Or is there a better way to add Daylighting:Controls and Daylighting:ReferencePoints to an Energy Plus simulation?

Cheers,

NVM I figured it out, just had to look at the text editor of the IDF file and use the formatting from there.