Hi again @jakechevrier - as you suggested I experimented with the different inputs in the component too to see its impact on the cooling load/ energy, but it didn’t change anything- of course disconnecting and re- connecting it to check. 2.gh (181.0 KB)
Do you/ someone know why that might be?
Ps- I tried to make the assumptions extreme too, but no change.
First note: If you want to share GH definitions without the rhino 3dm files, you can use “internalize data” on the geometry components to “save” a static reference of the geometry into the GH definition. This disconnects that geometry component from the rhino geometry, but saves a snapshot of it into the definition…
I was able to see what i think may be the issue is the components are out of order… You’re trying to add shades before creating the actual apertures… Apertures should be added to a room, then shading is added to the apertures… If you reorganize the definition how i have shown it, you should have more luck…
Also note: that I recommend QA/QC’n the model before running it, and a good way to do that is using the HB visualize by type component (as i have circled). I often use this component, turn off its preview, and connect a data component to the various output surfaces so i can see one or more categories at a time.
I’m guessing if you visualize this model, there will be no shades, therefore no impact.
Thanks for your inputs and noted.
I had reordered the definition when I realised things aren’t changing and have this one now for adjusting shades to minimize glare and it works. But- when I make the louver/ shade angle 90 (which should make it opaque) then the glare doesn’t become 0 or reduce. I preview it while changing and it had to be very high parameters (depth 0.1-0.2m, shade count 100 etc) then it shows like the image (dark and overlapping louvers)-