Understanding Daylight supply according to DIN 17037 with honeybee

Hi guys, i would like to get a feedback if possible regarding the possibility of calculating the daylight supply, in german “Tageslichtversorgung” with honeybee according to the DIN 17037.
here the reference.

in essence it says:

A room is considered to have adequate daylighting if a target illuminance is achieved over a portion of the reference plane within a room for at least half of the daylight hours. Daylight hours are half the hours of a year, so (365 d * 24 h/d)/2 = 4,380 h.

In order to achieve the lowest recommendation level for the Daylighting, the following two criteria must be met:

1)For 50% of the daylight hours (2,190 h), at 50% of the reference level, a Target illuminance of at least 300 lx must be achieved on 50% of the reference plane.
2)For 50 % of the daylight hours (2,190 h), a target illuminance of at least 100 lx must be achieved on 95% of the reference plane.

any idea of which set of components might I use as starting point?

I saw that illuminance or daylight studies can be usefull, but which one is the best one? and can somebody adress me quickly at which paramenter should I give more attention in order to get the result in the right format?

thank in advance

You should definitely use the HB Annual Daylight recipe to run the simulation. You can use the HB Annual Daylight Metrics component to get you compliance at the different lux levels of 100 and 300. If you input a schedule made of only sun-up hours, it should give you the percentages that you need.

1 Like