Unrecognised Comfort Recipe - Microclimate Map Analysis

Hi guys!

I’ve been going through the forums to see if this has been raised, and have been looking at other examples of this component, but unable to solve my issue. Apologies if it is a very simple one!

The component Microclimate Map Analysis will not read the comfort recipe from the Adaptive Comfort Analysis Recipe nor the PMV recipe, as illustrated below. The error says “Comfort recipe not recognised”. All my objects have been updated via the updater…

Am not sure if this is simply due to an error in code, or if I am missing a fundamental step.

Help!

ExampleFile_V1.gh (700 KB)

Also, where can I find the “Honeybee_Annual Indoor Comfort Analysis” component?

Elzine,

You missed to set to TRUE the input _buildMesh in the HB_IndoorViewFactor component. It is a compulsory input. Without it the component is not outputting anything and that’s why it wasn’t working for you.

The indoor comfort analysis, as i recall, was replaced by different components. But Chris probably will be more accurate in this respect.

-A.

Abraham,

Thanks for taking care of this. We have realized that missing required inputs tend to be a big reason for a number of people’s issues and so we are inputting a set of warnings in our next release that will alert people if they are missing something required:
https://github.com/mostaphaRoudsari/ladybug/issues/196#issuecomment

As for the comfort components, I re-named the “annual indoor microclimate analysis” component to be called “microclimate map analysis” after I put in the ability to create maps of outdoor temperature with the same components (the word indoor seemed no longer relevant). I did this a few months ago and realize that changing the name can create confusion but know that the component you have in your image is just the most recent version of the old “indoor microclimate analysis” component.

-Chris

Hello Abraham,I am a new user of honeybee and I have the same problem. It still saied that the comfort recipe can not be recognised after i switch the bollean from false to true. Could you please to help me to figure out the problem? I had attatched my file address below and you could download that and check.
Thank you for all your help

file address

This was something else. One of your zones was Null. Checking backwards you connected one empty surface to ZONE C making the zone definition to fail. Just deleted it (or disabling it) and the file is working, though an update of the file was required.
-A.
visualiz the results of energyplu_AY.gh (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Hello,thanks for all your help several months ago and I left my laptop for a very long time after that. Sorry for my late reply. I updated my file already and renewed the definitions according to the new shared file about microclimate map on hydra froum. The same error appeared again and I checked my thermal zones, none of them was null, could you please help me to check where is the problem? Many thanks.
Outdoor_Microclimate_Map.gh (1.3 MB)

The viewfactor doesn’t have the HBzones connected to it.
Also you need to set to True the simulation outputs related to comfort metrics.
After that check the balloon error in the OutdoorComfRecipe component. There you need to connect some simulation outputs, like air temperature. etc.
-A.

Hello, Abraham,Thank you for your help and I had renew my file and definition. But I had a new problem is that the view factor mesh did not work after I run openstudio correctly.,the other things were okay but this. Could you please help me to check it? Thanks so much. I am so sorry i had so many fundamental mistakes.

Outdoor_Microclimate_Map.gh (924.4 KB)

See red sketched lines for changes i made.
Left: Geometry not internalized, so i disconnected the from the adjacency check.
Middle: You need to set the includeOutdoor to True.
Right: You were missing to connect the viewfactorMesh to the VisualizeMicroclimate component.
-A.

Outdoor_Microclimate_Map_AY.gh (940.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much for all your help, and now it works well.

hi, Abraham, sorry to bother, here I meet another problem. My MicroclimateMapAnalysis also comes “comfort recipe not recognized”. But it seems none of my zones is null. Here is my file, could you please to check and find what is the problem? Thanks a lot!
microclimate map analysis…Woody.gh (712.8 KB)

At the PMVComfRecipe component you are missing a compulsory input (_relativeHumidity).
Saying that, pay attention that you simulated only one day and you are asking for a week period in the comfort section of your file.
SInce you don’t have many thermal zones i suggest to simulate the whole year. Then you can pick whatever peiod you want for comfort.
-A

Ouch… I should tell the differences between the video and my file more carefully… Thanks, the component is working…