Untypical question about Your experience with Ladybug-Tools. Backgrounds

Hello! First sorry, if the question is silly or not wanted. Just ignore it.
And thank you to those, who respond.

I’ve just started my experience with Ladybug-Tools and Grasshopper (#excited), so at the moment I’m not working with it on daily base, but just focus to understand the environmental and physical processes in a building first.
But I would like to hear some other points of view from the practice.
Do you focus more on understanding the facade, the HVAC, the processes, make strategies, by “connecting the components”, analyse the numbers, and than who is “planing the instalations”? Or is this the same person?
Or is your focus on programming with Python on base Ladybug-Tools and increase the speed? Or both?

This is where, I feel I could need more structure daily to understand these processes (especially without a coding background), or find my role.

Thank you! :four_leaf_clover:

Hi, @destefano - Welcome to the community.

Ladybug Tools is designed as a tool-set in comparison to most of the tools that you see out there. The idea is that you can build your own tools with the tool-set that’s available to you. Ladybug Tools helps you to do it in a fast and reliable way. All the options that you mentioned above are viable and also possible to do with Ladybug Tools. It depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Here is a paper about the philosophy behind the development of Ladybug Tools: https://www.ladybug.tools/assets/pdf/ToolvsToolkit.pdf
And here is a good starting place to get yourself familiar with different concepts: Introduction - Ladybug Tools Academy

1 Like