Using Colibri Iterations - is it possible to split the iterations into groups to be performed at different times?

Hello, I am working with Ladybug/Honeybee/TT Toolbox to perform some energy and thermal comfort simulations. I ran a test today with 144 iterations and it took approximately 1 hour.

My full scale project will have up to 5000-6000 iterations and i was wondering if there is an easy way to run say 600 iterations at a time and stage the simulations over several days as I am doing the simulations at a university computer and am unable to leave a simulation going for 24+ hours.

thank you

Yes @oscar.perkins,

Designers of Colibri anticipated this. You can do the following;

Here, the actual design space is 100 iterations. But The iteration stops at 50 only because that is the domain we have selected. Please also read the input description for the Selection input of the component.

1 Like

For multiple inputs you can write all the permutations to a file and then call them in grasshopper list. Once that is done, you can iterate through the parts of list using the List Item component in Grasshopper.

@MingboPeng,
Which is the best place for Colibri and / or TTtoolbox questions?

Hi Devang thanks for the reply. I think I understand what is happening with the domain…

Does the domain specify the exact iterations you would like to run? So your picture would run 1:50, and then for the next part you make the domain 51:100?

I will have a look today at each way you have told. Thank you

This is probably not the best option to dig out old topic but I have a question to exactly what you posted:
How to iterate over a list of values so in each simulation I pick one value?
I have a csv with combinations that I want so I do not want to mix them via colibri iterator

Can you share a sample of what you want to achieve please?

Hi, sorry for not updating but the answer was simple.
I have used ladybug fly with a list item that read a row from csv. This worked perfectly with honeybee

hello @devang
I ran coibri iteration, it takes 2 days, and it is not finished. How can I know when it is done?