Using the Diversify ProgramTypes on buildings generated for DF

Hi,

I’m using DF to model a district of 112 buildings. I used CSV files with occupacny, lighting,… and all the other schedules to define the program for each building. The CSV has 8760 value to represent one year of the schedule. My question is if I used the DF diversify building program, will it generate 8760 schedule as well for each zone using my assigned program as the mean?
Thank you for the help!

Hi @Aya ,

You should read the descriptions written on the component and here in the docs for the component.

This is what it says about the schedules:

In addition to diversifying load values, approximately 2/3 of the schedules in the resulting Room2Ds will be offset from the mean by the input schedule_offset (1/3 ahead and another 1/3 behind).

So each schedule will essentially be split into 3 schedules (one ahead, one behind, and one just like the original).

You can also use the DF Color Room2D Attributes component to understand the output better.

Thank you @chris for explaining, I tried using the DF color Room2d attributed component but the thing still not clear to me is wheather the generated schedules (the ahead and behind) follow the same resolution as the original schedule so if the input was one full year of hourly schedule will the generated schedules be the same?
Thanks again

If you are asking if the diversification of schedules works with ScheduleFixedInterval, which is defined by 8760 hourly values, not it currently does not. The current method only shifts the ScheduleRuleset (essentially all of the other schedules except ScheduleFixedInterval) and it leaves ScheduleFixedIntervals as they are. You can see this in the source code here:

If this is an issue for you, it would not be too difficult for me to add a shift_by_step method to ScheduleFixedInterval, which will get the diversification to work for them. Just confirm that this is what you’re asking and I’ll add it to my to-do list.

It would be great to add that if it’s possible. I’m trying to quantify the effect of using different approaches for defining building schedules on the energy simulation results, so it would help alot to be able to diversify the fixedinterval schedules as well. Thank you :slight_smile:

Tha ks for confirming, @Aya .

I’ll plan to add this soon and post back here once it is implemented

1 Like

Hi @Aya ,

I have added the method to shift the FixedInterval Schedules:

You can get it on your end by using the LB Versioner. Once you do that, you should get the fixed interval schedules shifted as part of the operation that the Dragonfly component does.

Thank you @chris so much

1 Like