Using the New College Building Program that Comes with LBT 1.7

Cheers for this update once more. The release of the college building program aligns perfectly with my needs.

I noticed something that might be worth reporting (or it’s just on my computer):

In the example gh files from the latest 1.7 LBT installer, the BldgPrograms component doesn’t include ‘college.’ I assume this component in the example files was not updated to the 1.7 version.
This happened to the following files for me:

• creating_programs.gh
  • shoe_box_annual_loads.gh

In the example files - no college:

If I pull out a new BldgPrograms component, there is College:

Best,
Jiewei

Hi @ljwssdsw ,

I moved this to a new topic since I imagine that others might have this question and it’s nice to have one topic where people searching for the answer can find it.

You are correct that you will have to drag and drop a new version of the BldgPrograms component on the canvas in order to get a version of the component that includes “College” in the list. And, generally speaking, the LB Sync Grasshopper File component does not update/edit these types of dropdown components on the canvas. We just could not figure out an automated routine for updating them since they are all native Grasshopper “Value List” components and not GHPython components like all of the other LBT components.

It’s possible that there’s a way to edit the values available in the list using an automated routine using the Grasshopper SDK but I could not find them the last time that I tried. If anyone manages to figure it out and post a sample, we’ll definitely incorporate it into the routine that the “Sync Grasshopper File” component uses.

1 Like

Also, in the meantime, I updated the samples that are available on the LBT-Samples repo to ensure they have the new BldgPrograms list:

2 Likes