UWG EPWcreation, whole year data

Dear LadyBug Community,
I am trying to run UWG with an EPW file that I have created. Using CreateEPW tool, I have used data from 01.01.2022-31.12.2022.

Now I am interested to analyze the period 01.07.2021 to 30.06.2022 (months in different years) can I still create the epw file starting from 01.07.2021-30.06.2022 will it make sense and will the engine understand it that now I am not starting with january and ending with december? It is still one year but different periods. If not is there any solution you would suggest?
Thank you very much!

Hi @Kristi ,

If you want to use the Create EPW component for this purpose, you will have still have to create some annual data collections that start from Jan 01 and run until Dec 31. The only difference would be that you would switch between your 2021 and 2022 data at the end of June. Then, this would be formatted in a way that the UWG simulation would work. And, at the end of it all, you can get your results to display correctly with the Ladybug components by applying an Analysis Period from July to June like so:

reversed_analysis_period.gh (23.7 KB)

Does that make sense?

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply!
Very much aprecciated,

Kristi

1 Like